Friday, June 24, 2011

Fartleks

Last night I did my first Fartlek workout.  I was trying to squeeze my workout in between the workday and evening meetings, knowing fully well that I would show up to said evening meeting slightly stinky.  Eh, okay.  But this was my first Fartlek ever, plus I was running in a different town, different route.

Needless to say, it didn't go well.

I am such a creature of habit!  I lose my comfort level when I switch things up.  Which is fine, it's good for me and my training.  I think, however, I would have been better to leave my Fartlek for today and just do a regular run last night, since I was on a new route.  I can't believe how much my mental game was out of whack and totally bummed out my run.  But at least I DID get enough of a workout in to get nice and sweaty and stinky.  No one sat next to me at my meeting.

So now I am determined to fix this for next week's Fartlek, which will be back home.  Should I run a regular route? 

Do it at the track?

What are your tricks for a successful Fartlek?

Til next time,
Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment


Posing for the Christmas card